Crown Scepter Counseling exists to help the Body of Christ find healing, wholeness, power and freedom in Jesus Christ. We realize that we are conduits for the Holy Spirit to flow through and acknowledge that He is the true Healer and the Wonderful Counselor. We join Him in helping people by encouraging true identity, empowering true authority and sharing the Good News of God’s grace to all we serve.
We desire to help people like Jesus helps people. We try to practice living His Word’s but also trying to do what He does in the power of the Holy Spirit.
Acknowledgement: Life is messy, our aim is not perfection, but to engage people in the process of transformation.
“We exist to wear the CROWN, and help others do the same!”
(CROWN – Christ, Righteousness, Order, Worship & Nobility)
Biblical Basis for Counseling:
“Perfume and incense bring joy to the heart, and the pleasantness of one’s friend springs from his earnest counsel.” Proverbs 27:9
“Let the wise listen and add to their learning, and let the discerning get guidance—for understanding proverbs and parables the sayings and riddles of the wise. The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge but fools despise wisdom and discipline.” Proverbs 1:5-7
Our only authority is the Word of God. Everything we say ought to be backed up by the Holy Scriptures. Jesus said: “Thy Word is truth” (John 17), and we firmly believe that only the truth will set us free. (John 8:32)
Pastor Sid has developed some helpful tools all of which are based entirely on the Word of God.
1. The Grace River Model
2. The Ladder of Light (Matthew 5-7, The Sermon on the Mount)
3. The Identity Counseling Model.
a. This exposes the 9P’s of Identity Idolatry
b. And the things we snivel in (Power in Your hand)
Approach to Counseling; “Theology of Counseling”:
1. We counsel to make disciples. (The word Disciple means: learner! Matthew 28:18-20)
2. We exist to: “Wear the CROWN and help others wear the CROWN.” Therefore we believe that behaviors and attitudes flow out of a person’s understanding and beliefs about who they are their identity. Once this issue gets aligned with truth and the grace of God is being freely received into their life, healing comes naturally.
3. We desire to help people understand what true health looks like personally and relationally.
4. We also care about the whole person, body, mind, spirit (conscience) and social. And we will help the counselee seek and discover this blessed balance as Jesus did. (Luke 2:52)
5. We are not so nice we are no good! We won’t just listen, nod our heads with you and take your money and send you out with a “have a nice day.” We will be unconventional and confrontational if we believe God wants us to be this way. We do not intend to tickle ears; we desire to see people healed! If you are looking for “nice” join a health club! If you want to get well give us a call.
6. We believe in running basic offense and playing basic defense. On offense we will ask the counselee to learn the truth and apply it to their life in a proactive way. On defense we will tell you God’s commands and ask you to believe them for two positive reasons, one, to protect you and two, because He wants to provide you with something special.
7. We expect that the counselee will in turn “water” (refresh) others. The easiest way to become depressed is to remain self-centered, once the counselee experiences spiritual health and positive relational growth for a season we expect them to begin to help others in this process and lifestyle of disciple making.
The only credential we have is the Word of God.
We don’t make any claim of special education, psychotherapy or medical expertise what so ever.
We have no advanced training in psychology or philosophy and do not seek any.
We are able to offer potential counselees letters of reference if they desire them.
If a person chooses to counsel with Sid / Crown Scepter they will be required to sign a release from liability waiver stating that they acknowledge their full responsibility for their actions and beliefs. We reserve the right to refuse service to any person we no longer desire to serve. We reserve the right to keep our reasons for ending this counseling service confidential.
How many psychologists does it take to change a light bulb?
Answer: just one, but the light bulb has to want to change!
Pastor Sid Huston did not intend to become a counselor, as a pastor he just simply helped lots of people. He observed that as he helped people apply these truths to their lives, God was working to help them find spiritual alignment in their lives. Sid realized that as soon as a person had the proper foundations in place it wasn’t long before they began to flow in grace. He believes that the key to health is “flow” and proper alignment is the key. He experienced great joy in helping people discover their true identity in Jesus and consequently step into the River of God’s Grace where they began to flow in freedom, power, peace and purpose. His joy in seeing many lives changed by these basic Bible teachings has made him want to share these life-changing principles and practices with more and more people. He especially enjoys training others to use these methods to multiply the impact by helping more people.
Do you know how many Chiropractors it takes to change a light bulb?
Answer: just one, but it does require forty visits!
The reason for this attempt at humor is to make a point, the point is: Crown Scepter Counseling does not desire to make anyone dependent on them (our counselors), but rather to encourage each counselee to become dependant on the Wonderful Counselor!
“He who refreshes others will himself be refreshed.”